Thursday, January 14, 2016

Third Grade Has Ditched The Desks!!

Mrs. Bartel's made a big change in her classroom this week! She has ditched her desks! It is not easy to take a risk like this and redesign your teaching and classroom management but increasing the opportunity for collaboration and student led discussions make the risk well worth it! I had been thinking about redesigning my classroom for some time but Erin Klein really gave me the push and inspiration needed to make such a big change in my classroom. Here is an article about "The Cemetery Effect" and ditching the desks. Flexible seating in classrooms also has a positive effect on student learning. Here is another article about making your classroom as comfortable and inviting as Starbucks! If you are on Twitter @Klein Erin and @MrsDelz are two great people to follow. Their classrooms are truly an inspiration! On Twitter search #starbucks4kids to get more great ideas for your classroom! I would be happy to share what has worked well for me and what I found challenging! If you find yourself at Kittredge, stop and see for yourself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment