Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Implementing Co-teaching Tools

Last Friday we had a chance to learn about co-teaching with our colleagues. As we learned of different tools to use during our lessons, I couldn't help but think of technology tools that would serve the same purpose. Here are my thoughts..

Blanket The Table/Pass The Plate - Padlet would be a perfect tool to use with these two activities. It would minimize the use of paper and allow students the chance to respond to a question/prompt digitally. Padlets can be saved, downloaded, uploaded and/or printed. If you have a classroom website, the padlet could be posted and students can use it as reference or study tool.

Jessica and Pattie also talked about Wordle. See my posted on Wordle here.

Speak/Add (Charting) - Have you considered taking a picture of the anchor charts you create and posting them on your website? Students would be able to access those charts in class and at home. I know we all save our "best charts" or "most useful" charts and hang them in our rooms. I don't know about you but I don't have nearly enough room! Adding them to your website creates an invaluable resource for your students. If you don't have a class website, I really encourage you to create one! It's a great way for students to connect to your class from home. Blogger is a really easy, user friendly Google App that I use for my websites.

What ideas do you have for making these co-teaching tools digital? Please share, I'd love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment