Thursday, March 24, 2016

Infographics To Support Our Persuasive Writing

I was so excited for a group of students to experiment with creating infographics. I began by showing the students an example of an infographic and explaining the purpose. Students wanted to collect some data from their peers at Kittredge. I showed students how to create a Google Form to survey their peers. I gave a quick lesson in Google Drawing and set students off to create their infographic. These were done with very little support from me! For a first attempt I'm very impressed.

I did spend some time talking with students about searching for images that were not copyrighted and free to use. We used Creative Commons as well as Google Images. When using Google Images, the students used the search tools to search for images that were labeled for reuse. These images are free to use without worrying about copyright and fair use.












No comments:

Post a Comment